IJ4EU podcasts take you behind the scenes of cross-border investigations.
- IJ4EU Podcast: World Press Freedom Day Special EpisodeDue to the nature of their work exposing wrongdoing and holding power to account, investigative journalists are vulnerable to attack: smears, intimidation, legal perils and outright violence. Such threats multiply in countries where media freedom is under assault. In war zones, the dangers increase exponentially. Yet the work continues — despite bombs, death threats, harassment… Continue reading IJ4EU Podcast: World Press Freedom Day Special Episode
- IJ4EU Podcast: Investigating the EU’s border agencyFrontex, the EU’s fastest-growing agency, is responsible for policing the EU’s external borders. In recent years, it has been hit by allegations of complicity in human rights abuses and revelations of secret meetings with arms lobbyists, which it then lied about. Host Timothy Large takes you behind the scenes of two cross-border investigations from the… Continue reading IJ4EU Podcast: Investigating the EU’s border agency
- IJ4EU Podcast: The Chinese underworld in EuropeThink organised crime in Italy, and chances are you think of the Cosa Nostra, Camorra or Ndrangheta. But the newest kids on the mafia block come from China — and they’re expanding their influence across Europe. Host Timothy Large interviews Italian journalist Davide Del Monte, who leads a cross-border investigation into the criminal activities of… Continue reading IJ4EU Podcast: The Chinese underworld in Europe
- IJ4EU Podcast: An EU haven for white-collar crimeJournalists from Oštro, a centre for investigative reporting in the Adriatic region, discuss the challenges of exposing white-collar crime in Slovenia and Croatia — two countries on the EU’s southeast flank where the space for independent media is shrinking. Host Timothy Large speaks with leading journalists behind A Small Haven for White-Collar Crime, an investigation supported by… Continue reading IJ4EU Podcast: An EU haven for white-collar crime
- IJ4EU Podcast: The making of ‘The Vapour Trail’The latest episode of the IJ4EU Podcast takes a behind-the-scenes look at The Vapour Trail, a cross-border investigation into secret lobbying by the tobacco industry. This cross-border collaboration between French daily Le Monde and Dutch reporters collective The Investigative Desk exposes a secret alliance between Big Tobacco and networks of U.S. oil tycoons to thwart regulations… Continue reading IJ4EU Podcast: The making of ‘The Vapour Trail’