Wednesday 14th April
Cross-Border Chronicles: Investigating the Pandemic
15:15 – 16:00 (45 minutes)
Journalists from investigations funded by IJ4EU share their experiences on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
CHAIR: Scott Griffen (Deputy Director of the International Press Institute)
- Ludovica Iona Lasinio (Rome-based freelance journalist and team leader of Behind the Pledge)
- Michael Bird, (Bucharest/London-based freelance journalist, team leader of Mobile Workers: Invisible Citizens)
- Ottavia Spaggiari, (Italian freelance journalist, who is working on an unpublished investigation into Europe’s anti-vax movement)
Cross-Border Chronicles: Investigating the Environment
16:15 – 17:00 (45 minutes)
Journalists from environmental investigations funded by IJ4EU discuss how cross-border collaboration assisted their work.
CHAIR: Meenal Thakur (Project Manager at the European Journalism Centre)
- Elisa Simantke (Berlin-based Editorial Director at Investigate Europe and team leader of Europe in the Gas Trap)
- Gergely Nyilas (Budapest-based Telex.hu journalist, working on an unpublished investigation)
- Micael Pereira (Lisbon-based Expresso journalist and team leader of an unpublished investigation)
Thursday 15th April
Workshop: Making Artificial Intelligence Work For Cross-Border Journalism
15:30 – 16:45 (75 minutes)
An introductory session to how we can use this cutting edge technology in cross-border journalism – with Sylke Gruhnwald, freelance reporter, and Morteza Shahrezaye, data scientist and data journalist.